Full-Time Assistant/Associate Professor –Molecular Microbiology
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2020
Deadline for Applying: March 30, 2020
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Molecular Microbiology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. We are particularly looking for an innovative investigator who has an established, or a clear potential to establish an independent research program at the cellular and molecular level. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background in Immunology, Virology, and Computational Biology. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Molecular Microbiology or related field. The successful candidate will have a proven publication track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding and is expected to teach a variety of courses, carry out research, contribute to the development of the program, and perform academic services to the Department and the University. Previous teaching experience in Microbiology, Immunology, and Virology is a must.
· Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Microbiology
· Mentor graduate students
· Oversee senior year projects
· Engage in scholarly work and research
· Be actively involved in supporting and developing the program’s main research tracks (Molecular Microbiology, Immunology,Virology, and Computational Biology)
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
· A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
· Two years of postdoctoral experience
- Evidence of scholarship, and research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/natural-sciences/) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (CIHE–NEASC). There are currently over 8,000 enrolled students at LAU.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to email@example.com, referring to position AS-20-13. The application deadline is 30th of March, 2020.