Instructor, Intensive English program
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Liberal Education
Campus: Beirut and Byblos
Expected Start Date: Spring 2022
Deadline for Applying: November 1, 2021
The Department of Liberal Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to full-time faculty position at the Instructor level for the Intensive English Program.
- Teach a variety of academic writing, reading, listening and speaking courses across both Beirut and Byblos campuses. Beirut will be the main campus with occasional commute to Byblos campus. Teaching may include courses from the Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum or from the English sequence program depending on the need that is assessed by the Chairperson
- Assist in the assessment of the Intensive English Program
- Assist in identifying and applying for the Intensive English Program Accreditation
- Coordinate courses in the Department of Liberal Education
- M.A. in English Language, TESOL or Academic Writing from a recognized institution
- A Minimum of 3 years of university teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Department of Liberal Education is a service department that oversees the Intensive English Program, the Writing Center, the Freshman Program, and the Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum. Faculty in the Department of Liberal Education are expected to be dedicated to excellence in teaching, service, and are engaged in updating their programs curricula. The university is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research/creative work and serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest highlighting relevant background and teaching and professional experience, and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com. The CV must include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references.
Candidates must refer to position no.AS-21-16, in the subject line of the email