Full Time Assistant/Associate Professor, Analytical Chemistry, tenure track
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2021
Deadline for applying: February 15, 2021
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Analytical Chemistry. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related field with research experience in environmental chemistry, environmental toxicology, and/or quantitative analysis geared toward medicinal chemistry. The successful candidate should have a proven publication track record in top tier journals, ability to attract grant funding, and effective teaching experience.
- Teach undergraduate courses in analytical, general chemistry and elective courses
- Mentor undergraduate students and oversee senior study projects
- Actively engage in scholarly work, research and pursue external funding opportunities
- Contribute to the advancement of the BS in Chemistry and development of upcoming MS degree
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry of related field from a recognized institution
- Two years of postdoctoral and/or industrial experience or equivalent
- Evidence of scholarship, research productivity and grant-writing
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/natural-sciences/) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (http://sas.lau.edu.lb/) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a BS in Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Program (CP), and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences with additional programs upcoming in the near future.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) (https://www.neche.org/), formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. There are currently over 8,000 (https://www.lau.edu.lb/about/facts.php) enrolled students at LAU.
Standard Application requirements:
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. It is noted that the university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. The application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to position AS-21-5.