Assistant Professor in Information Technology Management
Full Job Description
Apply now to join Adnan Kassar School of Business on its race to distinction and excellence.
Department: Information Technology & Operations Management
School: Adnan Kassar School of Business
Location: Byblos Campus
The Department of Information Technology & Operations Management (ITOM) in the Adnan Kassar School of Business (AKSOB) at the Lebanese American University (LAU) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track assistant professor or associate professor in Information Technology Management (ITM) with strong background in Business Analytics, starting Fall 2022. The position duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate level ITM and Business analytics courses, and strong research in these areas.
Job description and expectations:
The successful candidate will teach departmental and Executive MBA Programs’ courses, both undergraduate and graduate; assist in curriculum development; maintain strong research activity; and possess a passion for research and working with the students. AKSOB offers courses in several formats: traditional in-person lecture, hybrid (mixed online), and fully on-line. Familiarity and/or interest in all three delivery methods is necessary. Emphasis will be placed on excellence and ability to publish in top-tier journals.
About LAU: LAU was founded as a college for women in 1924, tracing its origins back to the first school for girls in the Ottoman empire started by Presbyterian missionaries in the 1830s. The institution has grown and changed tremendously through the decades, but the enterprising and progressive spirit of those who started it endures. The University now boasts two campuses overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, one in the cosmopolitan city of Beirut and the other in the historic city of Byblos. LAU operates with American higher education standards. It is incorporated in the United States as a non-profit higher education institution through the New York State Education Department. All of LAU’s academic programs are reviewed and approved by this body. In addition, LAU is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE). Several programs are also accredited by authoritative agencies in the United States, Canada, and Europe. (https://www.lau.edu.lb/about/).
About College of Business: The Adnan Kassar School of Business (AKSOB) focuses on high-quality teaching in a supportive environment to ensure that, upon graduation, its students will possess a competitive advantage in their chosen fields (https://sb.lau.edu.lb/about/).
With a leadership and faculty composed of industry experts as well as top academics and researchers, the main focus of AKSOB is to provide the knowledge, skills and industry know-how that are required for success in an ever-evolving and dynamic business world.
The School offers bachelor, minor and master’s degrees at the LAU Beirut and Byblos campuses.
About ITOM Department: The mission of the Department of Information Technology and Operations Management (ITOM) is to help students at the Adnan Kassar School of Business become proficient in the fields of information systems, information technology management, business analytics, supply chain management, operations management, and related decision sciences. The Department strives to generate knowledgeable people who are adept at managing information technology and who can effectively contribute to their businesses and communities in a constantly changing technological environment. It also strives to actively collaborate with the corporate sector, consistently innovate, and raise the bar on its research so as to improve the efficacy of education and its reach around the globe. The ITOM Department has also started offering a minor in data analytics.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution by the time of appointment in the field of information technology management and/or Business Analytics, or in a related discipline such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), or a closely related academic area, is required.
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high quality academic journals is also required, as is a commitment to excellence in research, teaching, service, and community engagement.
- The ability to teach classes in various teaching modes is also required.
- The ability to teach classes in ITM, and business analytics is required, and the ability to teach programming language (Python, R, …) and ERP/SCM is a plus.
- Candidates applying for the Assistant Professor position should possess an ongoing research program, preferably based on technical solutions, with the proven potential to excel in the area of ITM/Business Analytics and digital transformation.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid academic background in business analytics as well as the technical abilities to execute business analytics solutions in fields including machine learning and/or large data analysis. Additionally, candidates should ideally have significant research interests in any of the following areas: Digital transformation, Industry 4.0, blockchain, IoT, supply chain analytics, and the use of contemporary technologies in corporate settings. Analytics and ITM industry experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in applying experiential and active learning methods.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, student-centeredness, life-long learning, and innovative teaching and research.
- Demonstrated record and commitment to excellence in teaching and working with students.
- Working with business community, research grants, and commitment to program development.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest, CV, job market paper, teaching philosophy, the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to: the Office of the Dean, AKSOB, Lebanese American University,
Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
In your application, please refer to the position no. BUS-22-4