Assistant/Associate Professor, Human Genetics
Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine
Expected Start Date: Fall 2020
Deadline for Applying: July 29, 2020
The Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for 2 tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant and/or Associate Professor in the field of Clinical Genetics and Genomic Medicine. The school is seeking highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty members who are committed to innovative teaching, academic advising, research, and institutional and community service and with leadership experience in clinical genetic service to establish a Human Genomic Program. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Human Genetics or related field. The successful candidates will have a proven publications track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding in the field of human genetics. The candidates are expected to teach genetics, carry out research, contribute to the development of the program, and perform clinical services to the LAUMC-RH in the field of human genetics as well as academic services to the school and the University. Previous teaching experience in molecular biology and genetics to undergraduate and graduate students is preferable.
- Teach medical and biomedical students courses in molecular biology and genetics
- Provide clinical services in human genetics at the LAUMC-RH (e.g., genetic screening,…)
- Engage in scholarly research
- Advise and mentor medical students
- Engage in service to the school, the university, the profession, and the community
- Additional duties may be set by the school in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Arabic and French is highly appreciated
- Ph.D. in molecular biology/human genetics from a recognized institution
- Expert in human genetics and immunogenetics
- Expert in molecular diagnosis and screening of inherited and other oncologic disorders by various genetic tools (e.g., next generation sequencing, RT-PCR,….) in hospital setting
- Expert in: NGS, WES, FISH, microarrays (CGH, SNP,..), Multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification (MLPA), Real Time and digital PCR,…
- Leadership experience in managing clinical genetic labs in hospital setting
- Evidence of scholarship, and research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by submitting the Faculty On-line Application at the following URL: https://edms.lau.edu.lb/Forms/L2odW.