Chair, Department of Internal Medicine
This position is no longer open.
The Lebanese American University (LAU) Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine. The school is seeking highly qualified, academically focused, transformational leaders, with a clear vision for a modern department that responds to the national healthcare needs and embraces advances in technology and inter-disciplinary practice. Reporting to the Dean, the Chair will lead the department at the school, the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, and the LAU Medical Center-Saint John’s Hospital, providing strategic vision that supports the overarching mission of the school and university. The Chair will be responsible for the academic performance, research output, clinical productivity, and professional development of the faculty in the department, and for providing oversight, planning and implementation while ensuring the highest standards of excellence in patient care, education, and research. The Chair will be instrumental in the expansion of the clinical services of the department and will work closely with school offices and hospital leadership, cultivating a culture of inclusive excellence and a safe environment, where all individuals, experiences and differences are valued and respected.
The Department of Internal Medicine is the school’s largest department, comprising 12 divisions led by 12 Division Heads, and covering health services at both clinical sites. It offers four residency and seven fellowship training programs.
- MD degree
- Recognized diploma in Internal Medicine or related specialties
- Academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- American (or equivalent) medical board certification and license (or eligibility for a license) to practice medicine in Lebanon
- Record of effective leadership (a minimum of 5 years of experience is required) with excellent communications skills and abilities to handle financial responsibilities of the department
- Established record of accomplishments in clinical healthcare and service
- Excellent accomplishments in health professions education and research
The application packet should include an updated curriculum vitae and a statement of purpose addressing how the applicant’s experience and credentials serve the advertised job and crafting a vision for the department that accounts for the Lebanese context and the global advances in healthcare.
Apply electronically by submitting the Faculty On-line Application at the following URL: https://edms.lau.edu.lb/Forms/L2odW