Faculty Position- Epidemiology, Population Health/ Public Health and Biostatistics
Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine
Start Date: flexible, with possibility for immediate start
Deadline for Applying: until position is filled
The Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a faculty position in the field of Epidemiology, Population Health/ Public Health and Biostatistics. The School is seeking highly qualified and motivated faculty members who are committed to innovative teaching, academic advising, research, and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. degree in Epidemiology/Biostatistics or related field. The successful candidate will have a proven publications track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding in the field.
- Teach medical students, residents and fellows epidemiology, population health/public health and biostatistics.
- Engage in scholarly research.
- Advise and mentor medical students and trainees.
- Engage in service to the school, the university, the profession, and the community.
- Additional duties [such as work on accreditation, course developments, etc.] may be set by the school in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Arabic and French is highly appreciated.
- Ph.D. in epidemiology or biostatistics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Evidence of successful teaching of university students, preferably medical students.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Experience in curricular design/development is highly appreciated.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by submitting the Faculty On-line Application at the following URL: https://edms.lau.edu.lb/Forms/L2odW