Postdoctoral Fellow positions
This position is no longer open.
The Lebanese American University invites applications for numerous highly qualified Postdoctoral Fellow (PD) positions in research areas related to Business & Economics, Social Sciences & Management, Arts & Humanities, Engineering & Technology, and Clinical Research & Medicine.
Applicants must have demonstrated an ability or show promise and interest in conducting innovative research and must have led and published impactful scholarly work during their studies. Candidates must have a good command of English, and have earned a Ph.D. degree or an MD degree.
Recruitment of research faculty as Postdoctoral Fellows is intended to deepen expertise in subject areas and is expected to yield relevant publications. The PD appointment provides the candidate with opportunities to enhance their professional development, and to further their career goals.
- The appointment is on a full-time basis and consists of significant research endeavors;
- The initial term for this position is for one year that may be renewed based on performance and present need at LAU.
- The appointment may be considered as a transition/preparatory position to an academic and/or a research career at LAU, based on performance and LAU’s discretion;
- The salary will be commensurate with the field of study and relevant experience and publications of the candidate and is competitive for a PD appointment. The appointee will be paid on a monthly basis with the option of enrolling in LAU’s Group Medical Insurance Plan at the appointee’s own expense;
- Should the appointee be selected to teach at LAU based on their area of expertise, they may teach up to six credits of coursework per year within the applicable school, subject to the need of the relevant department in the said school. Any teaching remunerations will be added to the basic salary and subject to a separate memorandum of appointment.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). LAU operates on Beirut campus and Byblos campus, in addition to LAU Medical Center. Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb. The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidate should apply electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include their future career goals, ORCID iD in the email body, and attach to the email an updated resume. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies & Research email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled.