Instructor, Intensive English program
Department: Liberal Education
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2023 at 15:00 (Beirut Time)
Start Date: Fall 2023
The Department of Liberal Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to part-time faculty position at the instructor level for the Intensive English Program.
- Teach a variety of academic writing, reading, listening and speaking courses
- Assist in collecting data for the assessment of the Intensive English Program
- Assist in providing data for the Intensive English Program Accreditation
- Assist in the coordination of courses in the Intensive English Program
- M.A. in English Language, TESOL or Academic Writing from a recognized institution
- A Minimum of 3 years of university teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Department of Liberal Education is a service department that oversees the Intensive English Program, the Writing Center, the Freshman Program, and the Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum. Faculty in the Department of Liberal Education are expected to be dedicated to excellence in teaching, service, and are engaged in updating their programs curricula. The university is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research/creative work and serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb .
- Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending their updated CV (including two references) and a letter of interest in the position and potential creative contribution to this course. Candidates should also complete an application form available at http://www.lau.edu.lb/employment/docs/standard-application-due-diligence-PT.pdf
- Submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Department of Liberal Education.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to a panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Intensive English Program”, in the subject line of the email.