Part-Time Faculty Position, Debate/Rhetoric
This position is no longer open.
Department: Liberal Education
Deadline for applications: April 29, 2023 at 15:00 (Beirut Time)
Start Date: Fall 2023
The School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University has launched its new Liberal Arts and Science Curriculum. The Curriculum is innovative in its pedagogic approach and consists of a series of pillars pertaining to sustainability and focusing on inter-disciplinary, high impact experiences.
For this round of recruitment, we are seeking qualified candidates to teach a debate course. This course introduces students to formal, structured debate as a tool in decision-making, leadership and civic engagement. It focuses mainly on case construction, ethics in argumentation, rhetoric, and group debates. Debate topics will emphasize a sustainable development agenda.
Applicants must possess the following essential qualifications:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in Rhetoric/English or other relevant disciplines from a reputable institution
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines
- Evidence of using innovative teaching methods with non-specialized audience
- Familiarity with competitive group debates is a plus.
- Good written and verbal English communication
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment
- Please submit a current CV and a Cover Letter that outlines your interest in the position, and your ambition to contribute to this curriculum.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- Address your email to the attention of Dr. Rony Khnayzer, Chairperson of the department of Liberal Education.
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Dean’s Office.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to the panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Faculty - Debate/Rhetoric”, in the subject line of the email.