Part-Time Faculty Position, Digital Cultures
Department: Liberal Education
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2022 at 15:00 (Beirut Time)
Start Date: Fall 2022
The School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University is launching the new Liberal Arts and Science Curriculum. The Curriculum is innovative in its pedagogic approach and consists of a series of pillars pertaining to sustainability and focusing on inter-disciplinary, high impact experiences.
For this round of recruitment, we are focusing on the pillar associated with Digital Cultures. As such, we are seeking qualified candidates to teach one or more of the following modules.
- Data and Processing Methods
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- Social Cybersecurity
Applicants must possess the following essential qualifications (relevant to one or more of the modules listed above):
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science or other relevant disciplines such as Statistics and Mathematics, from a reputable institution.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines
- Evidence of using innovative teaching methods with non-specialized audience
- Good theoretical knowledge and technical skillset in Artificial Intelligence including data engineering, machine learning and data pipeline.
- Knowledge of deep learning and working with unstructured data (e.g., text, audio, image and video) is advantageous.
- Familiarity with Python. R is a plus.
- Familiarity with using a visual AI tool such as RapidMiner Studio or Tableau.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending their updated CV (including two references) and a letter of interest in the position and potential creative contribution to this course. Candidates should also complete an application form available at http://www.lau.edu.lb/employment/docs/standard-application-due-diligence-PT.pdf
- Submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com
- Address your email to the attention of Dr Rony Khnayzer, Chairperson of the department of Liberal Education
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Department of Liberal Education.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to a panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Digital Cultures”, in the subject line of the email.