Part-Time Faculty Position, Philosophy
Department: Liberal Education
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2023 at 15:00 (Beirut Time)
Start Date: Fall 2023
The School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University has launched its new Liberal Arts and Science Curriculum. The Curriculum is innovative in its pedagogic approach and consists of a series of pillars pertaining to sustainability and focusing on inter-disciplinary, high impact experiences.
For this round of recruitment, we are focusing on the pillar associated with philosophy. As part of the ‘Minds and Machines’ and ‘Professional Ethics and Technology’ courses, we are seeking qualified candidates to teach one or more of the following modules.
- Ethics and Technology
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- Professional Ethics
Applicants must possess the following essential qualifications:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in Philosophy or other relevant disciplines, from a reputable institution.
- Experience with teaching undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines
- Evidence of using innovative teaching methods with non-specialized audience
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending their updated CV (including two references) and a letter of interest in the position and potential creative contribution to this course. Candidates should also complete an application form available at http://www.lau.edu.lb/employment/docs/standard-application-due-diligence-PT.pdf
- Submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Department of Liberal Education.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to a panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Philosophy”, in the subject line of the email.