Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Fellow Positions
Research Fellow Positions
Artificial Intelligence & Cyber Systems Research Center
Expected start date: March 2024
Deadline for applying: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled
Locations: Lebanon and United Arab Emirates
The Artificial Intelligence & Cyber System Research Center at LAU invites applications for a limited number of highly qualified Postdoctoral and Research Fellow positions in few research areas. We are seeking Graduate Researchers to join our research teams at the Lebanese American University and Other Universities and Research Institutions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and collaborate on funded projects. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Edge Computing, Network Management, and Cyber Security, where they will be leading a team of researchers and developers. The ideal candidates will have keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology. Successful candidates will be required to have flexibility for spending time in both Lebanon and UAE as required by some projects.
Eligibly and Qualifications
Prospective candidates must have earned a B.S./BE, M.Sc./M.E. or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields, have demonstrated an ability -or show promise and interest- in conducting innovative research, and have demonstrated:
- Experience in reasoning and solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, optimization and algorithms.
- Experience and technical knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Edge and Fog Computing, and Network Management.
- Experience in coding and performing experiments and simulations.
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload.
- Contributions to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- Contributions to a collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Experience in research and software engineering via publications, internship, work experience, and coding competitions.
- Desired Criteria:
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field.
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field.
- Experience in LLM and Generative AI.
- Lead international academic and industrial research projects
- Lead other researchers and engineers
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent systems
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing high quality publications
- Collaborate and increase productivity on existing research projects
- The appointment is on a full-time basis and consists of significant research and development endeavors
- The initial term for these position is for one year that may be renewed based on outstanding performance
- Some positions require having flexibility for spending time in both UAE and Lebanon as required by the projects’ requirements
- As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider international team.
Interested candidate should apply electronically to email@example.com and should include a statement letter including their future career goals and attach to the email an updated resume. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the same email. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled.