Assistant Professor, Microbiology, Virology, Bacteriology
This position is no longer open.
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2022
Deadline for applying: February 15, 2022
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of Microbiology, Virology, Bacteriology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. We are particularly looking for an innovative investigator who has an established, or a clear potential to establish an independent research program at the cellular and molecular level. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Microbiology or related field. The successful candidate will have a proven publication track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding and is expected to teach a variety of courses, carry out research, contribute to the development of the program, and perform academic services to the Department and the University. Previous teaching experience in Microbiology, Immunology, and Virology is a must.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Microbiology
- Mentor graduate students
- Oversee senior year projects
- Engage in scholarly work and research
- Be actively involved in supporting and developing the program’s main research tracks (Molecular Microbiology, Immunology,Virology, and Computational Biology)
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Two years of postdoctoral experience
- Evidence of scholarship, and research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences (https://soas.lau.edu.lb/academics/departments/natural-sciences) is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences (https://soas.lau.edu.lb) at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a B.S. in Nutrition & Dietetics Coordinated Program, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. LAU is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) (https://www.neche.org/). There are currently over 8,000 (https://www.lau.edu.lb/about/facts.php/) enrolled students at LAU. Further information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-22-2 in the subject line of the email.