Faculty: Clinical Genetics
This position is no longer open.
Deadline for Applying: August 1, 2020
The Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine at the Lebanese American University and the LAU Medical Center facilities seek an experienced senior physician with expertise in the field of Clinical Genetics and Genomic Medicine. The school is seeking highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty members who are committed to innovative teaching, academic advising, research, and institutional and community service and with leadership experience in clinical genetic service to establish and lead a Human Genomic Program. The candidate is required to have a publications track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding in the field of human genetics. The candidates are expected to teach genetics, conduct clinical and basic research, contribute to the development of an advanced genetics program, and perform clinical services to the LAUSOM affiliated Medical Centers in the field of human genetics as well as academic services to the school and the University. Previous teaching experience in molecular biology and genetics to undergraduate and graduate students is required.
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Arabic and French is highly appreciated
- Medical Doctor degree is a must, other graduate genetics degrees are a plus
- Clinical training and experience in clinical genetics
- Expert in human genetics and immune-genetics
- Expert in molecular diagnosis and screening of inherited and other oncologic disorders by various genetic tools (e.g., next generation sequencing, RT-PCR, others) in a hospital setting
- Expertise in: NGS, WES, FISH, microarrays (CGH, SNP,..), Multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification (MLPA), Real Time and digital PCR,…
- Leadership experience in managing clinical genetic labs in hospital setting
- Evidence of scholarship, and research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by submitting the Faculty On-line Application at the following URL: https://edms.lau.edu.lb/Forms/L2odW.