Academic Assistant - Beirut
The Adnan Kassar School of Business (AKSOB) has a vacancy for an Academic Assistant reporting to the Chair of the Management Studies Department. This position is based on Beirut campus.
The Academic Assistant is primarily responsible for providing academic and administrative assistance to the Chair and faculty members of the Management Studies Department by acting as a liaison between the School/Department and all other university’s departments/schools and offices in support the University’s mission, vision, and core values, with frequent interaction with students to resolve their academic issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the day-to-day operations of the Management Studies Department by receiving visitors and attending to their requests, performing daily routine tasks such as correspondence, filing, processing forms, mail duties and other related office tasks
- Works with the Department Chair to schedule classes, prepare and download course offerings, departmental budget, and development of new programs/courses
- Coordinates with other departments on administrative and operational matters; provides guidance and services to faculty on non-academic tasks
- Maintains and updates file records and documents for the department as well as for the faculty members
- Provides academic advise for AKSOB students during registration/add and drop periods, and provides information and assistance on courses, office hours, and course plans
- Guides students on processes/steps related to documentation requirements using established rules; refers students to the appropriate department according to their needs
- Supports faculty in exam scheduling and grade collection
- Assists Department Chair in interpreting departmental academic policies and procedures to resolve conflicts, and serves as a resource on LAU policies and procedures, department academic policies, etc.
- Supports the work of the department by purchasing equipment and supplies, maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the appropriate process to pay for goods/services
- Archives courses posters, syllabi, course descriptions, and other materials; orders audio-visual equipment as needed for classes; reserves rooms as needed
- Organizes special events as required by the department
- Schedules and supervises financial aid and graduate assistants’ schedules and duties
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience (a similar experience in an academic setting is a plus)
- Strong oral and written English / Arabic communication skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite, Banner and People 365 is a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work under stress and be proactive
- Ability to relate well to a variety of individuals, including students, staff, faculty and visitors
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, August 23, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.