Academic Assistant - Byblos
The School of Arts & Sciences / Department of Communication, Arts and Languages has a vacancy for an Academic Assistant reporting to the Chair. This position is based on Byblos campus.
The Academic Assistant is primarily responsible for providing academic and administrative assistance by acting as a liaison between the School and all other university’s departments/schools and offices in support of the University’s mission, vision, and core values, with frequent interaction with students to resolve their academic issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a primary point of contact among the department, students, and external constituencies
- Sets up a professional information filing system, controls and manages the currency and confidentiality of the records, files and databases
- Prepares briefing material for the department prior to meetings and provides relevant data and background information for meetings, agendas and reports
- Prepares minutes of all departmental meetings and events
- Ensures that Department decisions are implemented, faculty contracts are prepared at the beginning of each semester, and appropriate parties are notified
- Processes/books transportation requests from faculty and students and ensures that appropriate parties are notified
- Maintains office supply inventory, requesting replenishment as necessary
- Follows-up on course files collection and coordination, and ensures that they meet the required guidelines
- Assists in preparing departmental course offering draft, and in preparing the departmental budget draft
- Prepares annual departmental reports and assists faculty in the collection of faculty courses assessment reports
- Coordinates with other departments on administrative and operational matters; provides guidance and services to faculty on non-academic tasks
- Supports faculty in exam scheduling and grade collection
- Archives course posters, syllabi, course descriptions, and other materials; orders audio-visual equipment as needed for classes; reserves rooms as needed
- Keeps departmental website up-to-date and assists in updating the departmental section in the University Catalogue
- Organizes special events as required by the Department
- Schedules and supervises financial aid and graduate assistants’ schedules and duties
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience (similar experience in an academic setting is a plus)
- Strong oral and written English / Arabic communication skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite, Banner and People 365 is a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work under stress and be proactive
- Ability to relate well to a variety of individuals, including students, staff, faculty and visitors
Interested candidates should email their CVs and portfolio of their work with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Sunday, October 24, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.