Academic Computer Center Supervisor - Beirut
The School of Architecture & Design / Architecture & Interior Design Department is currently looking for an Academic Computer Center Supervisor to report to the Department Chair. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Academic Computer Center (ACC) Supervisor is mainly responsible for supervising the daily activities of the ACC, ensuring the efficient operation of all its equipment and facilities and implementing the latest technologies to enhance its operating quality and efficiency. This includes managing workflow to ensure a smooth operation of the computer center, providing service to faculty and students, regular updating of the software, and meeting all operational goals. Additionally, he/she is also responsible for ensuring that courses are properly served and accommodated in the lab, with the required support.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements a preventive, as well as fix-and-repair, maintenance program on all lab equipment hardware and software, keeping them up and running at all time
- Maintains the integrity and security of the windows-based servers, workstations, and computers
- Maintains the active directory and print servers
- Maintains OS by continuously installing necessary patches and software updates
- Proposes security policies in order the maintain integrity of data and the users’ confidentiality
- Installs and maintains students accounts on academic servers
- Installs, manages, and administers software packages required for course teaching and research purposes
- Follows up on the regular upgrade of equipment, purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software, as needed and issues purchase requests
- Collaborates with the School’s faculty on all their needs and those of their students
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licenses, and user access and security
- Prepares the ACC budget and proposes improvements to meet the needs of academic programs. Researches new technologies and presents recommendations on hardware and software needs
- Manages the reservation of the labs and the lab classrooms
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT support, preferably within an academic setting
- Extensive experience working with Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Windows server’s roles and features (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS, etc.), Basic Adobe Illustrator
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) in English and Arabic, and the ability to interact professionally with faculty and students
- Ability to work productively individually and within a team
- Strong problem-solving ability
Interested candidates should email their CVs and portfolio of their work with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, October 22, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.