Accounts Payable Accountant - Beirut
This position is no longer open.
The Finance Operations Department is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant reporting to the Associate Comptroller, Disbursements. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payable module transactions and journal vouchers within the accounting systems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives invoices from suppliers and ensures they are duly supported with approved requirements and purchase orders
- Processes suppliers’ invoices into the Oracle financial system and books invoices to the appropriate accounts and relevant cost centers
- Verifies and communicates any operating budgets issues
- Prepares payments to suppliers through checks, wire transfers, any other form of payment
- Performs monthly reconciliations of payable accounts verses general ledger and suppliers’ accounts
- Assists in producing accounts payable reports
- Performs other duties pertinent to this role
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a related capacity
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use ERP systems; knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, October 17, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.