The IT Applications & Solutions Office is currently looking for an Applications Administrator reporting to the Director of IT Applications & Solutions.
The Application Administrator is mainly responsible for assisting the Director of IT Applications and Solutions in the acquisition, development, implementation and support of University wide software applications.
Responsibilities could include configuration changes and application upgrades for LAU integrated systems and vendor-delivered applications. He/she also participates and/or coordinates in the research of new projects and innovation solutions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all technical aspects of the University-wide IT systems in terms of analysis, design, development, installation, testing, customization, data conversion and interface building
- Researches the latest technology and proposes alternative solutions that help re-engineer University systems and applications. Acquires the functional knowledge needed to continuously improve the technical environment
- Maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades the University-wide IT software systems
- Provides support in the operational aspects of the University-wide IT software systems
- Provides support for end-users with matters related to the technical aspects of these applications
- Tunes the application and establishes security measures during and after implementation of the University-wide systems. Writes and maintains thorough technical documentation of the applications
- Assists in the development of project management plans and other planning documents in support of a system update or for a full project implementation
- Establishes software security measures and may manage access rights for the applications
- Maintains thorough technical documentation of the applications and may assist in training personnel on applications
- Assesses and manages all matters related to servers, storage and database requirements and coordinates them with the IT Systems and Database services
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development and implementation
- The following certifications are preferred: MCSD, OCP
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Client/Server and Web Applications environment, EBS, SAP, and Banner
- Experience in Net, php or Java and/or Mobile applications is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications, Banner or SharePoint is a plus
- Experience with business processes and functional practices
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Experience with data integration and transformation
- Security compliance and quality control
- Systems Analysis techniques and SDLC
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical abilities and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal English communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, December 10, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.