Assessment & Accreditation Officer
The School of Medicine is currently looking for an Assessment & Accreditation Officer reporting to the Associate / Assistant Dean for Medical Education. This position is based in Achrafieh with occasional commuting to Byblos campus
The Assessment & Accreditation Officer is mainly responsible for coordinating and assisting in the planning and execution of the School assessment and evaluation plans and activities. He/she coordinates data collection, analysis, and reporting pertaining to assessment in support of student learning, program evaluation, accreditation, school KPIs, and school ranking. The Assessment & Accreditation Officer also assists in the development of assessment steps and tools for the school of medicine
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Computes data and conducts advanced statistical analysis of data related to learner assessment, program evaluation, accreditation, ranking, school KPIs, and other data sets (with all related functions such as identifying trends, associations, etc.)
- Assists in the preparation of the school self-study for accreditation
- Supervises, reviews, and updates the assessment instruments
- Generates summary reports, including statistical analysis and interpretation of findings to be used for decision-making at the school, for accreditation, and for benchmarking
- Secures data protection and readability
- Analyzes qualitative data, such as comments about student performance, to generate themes
- Identifies metrics of interest and benchmarks them, e.g. indicators of program performance (such as pass rate on international exams) and compares them to other institutions
- Supports relevant assessment-related meetings such as meetings of the Assessment Committee and Program Evaluation Committee and prepares necessary documents for these meetings
- Coordinates student representation on assessment committees
- Works in close liaison with the:
- Accreditation Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, and Assessment Committee, and takes the necessary follow-up actions related to assessment, program evaluation, school KPIs, and progress reports
- University Institutional Research and Assessment Office (IRA) by collecting and reporting all departmental and school related data
- Office of research to collect data necessary for ranking and accreditation
- Coordinates the assessment of program outcomes and educational objectives with the dean’s office, concerned directors and faculty
- Addresses assessment queries from faculty, staff and students
- Issues information, assessment guidance, and test results to students
- Ensures proper administration of exams
- Coordinates exams with local and international offices (for standardized exams), creating batteries and ensuring safety of exam policies
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant specialization in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Data Analytics and Visualization, AI, or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in education, assessment, accreditation, data analytics, statistics; preferably in the medical education field OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in education, assessment, accreditation, data analytics, statistics; preferably in the medical education field
- Highly skilled in computer software, particularly advanced Excel, SPSS, R, Blue software, Blackboard Learn, and others
- Excellent command of English
- Strong computer skills
- Highly skilled in researching, collecting, and analyzing data
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other offices
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, October 03, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.