Cashier - Beirut
The Finance Operations Department is currently looking for a Cashier reporting to the Associate Comptroller, Financial Accounting. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Cashier is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all cash transactions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and pays cash after ensuring that transactions are duly supported and approved
- Processes respective entries to the appropriate systems; verifies cash received while avoiding counterfeit bills
- Arranges for depositing cash and checks on a daily basis
- Ensures the proper application of the student account policy during the processing of any transaction
- Prepares daily cash report summarizing cash transactions while ensuring its reconciliation with the general ledger
- Closes the cash balance after cash count on a daily basis; promptly informs supervisor in case of discrepancies
- Maintains a log sheet of all guarantees deposited at the safe and ensures proper trace and support for the release
- Performs monthly reconciliations of cash accounts versus general ledger
- Performs reconciliations of guarantees balance
- Produces cashiers reports
- Assists in the analysis of the cash accounts and any pending issues
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related capacity
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use ERP systems; knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Attention to detail
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, October 15, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.