Clinical Simulation Center Lab Supervisor - Byblos
The School of Medicine is currently looking for a Clinical Simulation Center Lab Supervisor reporting to the Director of the Clinical Simulation Center. This position is based on Byblos campus.
The Clinical Simulation Center Lab Supervisor is mainly responsible for overseeing the activities and day-to-day operations of the Center as well as scheduling, and administering the implementation of the experiential learning activities. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining the center’s equipment and furnishings.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Simulation Center and coordinates the scheduling of activities in the Center
- Assists in preparing and monitoring the budget, oversees the inventory of supplies and equipment, assures maintenance of furnishings and equipment, identifies new equipment consistent with instructional needs and facilitates purchases
- Administers the implementation of experiential learning activities, collaborating with faculty to:
- ensure that needed equipment, supplies, and props are available
- schedule appropriate IT staff and other logistics
- assist in student instruction, debriefing, and assessment, as needed
- Issues courses certificates
- Plans and develops experiential learning activities in collaboration with health professions faculty by assisting them to:
- identify learning activities that meet educational objectives
- prepare simulation scenarios for standardized patients, medium- and high-fidelity simulation, and task trainers
- develop student assessment materials
- Evaluates Clinical Simulation Center services, using a quality improvement approach to ensure adequacy of resources, policies, procedures, and processes; prepares reports pertaining to the Center as requested
- Plans and coordinates annual CPR instruction for all health professions students
- Stays abreast of advances in laboratory-based experiential learning approaches, bringing them to the attention of administrators and faculty (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, others)
- Plans and coordinates training sessions for faculty regarding use of the Center’s equipment and new experiential learning approaches
- Performs any other administrative duties pertinent to this job as requested
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a clinical healthcare field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a clinical practice, out of which, at least 2 years in a clinical simulation setting or teaching level
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with students, physicians, and faculty members
- Strong English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Ease in operating clinical and medical equipment
- Ability to work on policies and procedures for an accreditation purpose
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, October 03, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.