Director of Finance, Grants & ContractsThe Finance Corporate Affairs Department / Finance Grants & Contracts Office is currently looking for a Director of Finance, Grants & Contracts reporting to the AVP for Finance – Corporate Affairs. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Director of Finance, Grants & Contracts is responsible for managing and controlling all the financial aspects of the University Grants, and efficiently managing the Grants & Contracts Office personnel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs transactions related to the grants accounts as well as journal vouchers
- Prepares spreadsheets for analyzing actual grants expenditures and the related budgets
- Implements the relevant parts of the grants and sponsored proposals by conforming to the University’s proper cost allocations
- Adheres to donors’ financial reporting requirements
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly grants reports
- Assists in the preparation of reports on the internally funded financial activities of the University’s Centers & Academic Institutes
- Ensures that all grants financial activities are performed in full compliance with the University’s policies and procedures as well as donors’ financial & administrative requirements
- Reviews grants, contracts, sponsored proposals and assists in their budget preparation
- Assists faculty, staff and researchers in the adherence of the donors’ requirements (administrative and financial). Acts as a facilitator during the proposal and implementation phases, when requested
- Ensures conformity to the University’s proper cost allocations
- Provides financial analysis of external funding, grants, etc.
- Ensures proper follow-up on grants funds collection; executes online funds reimbursement when required
- Ensures that monthly closing of accounts is performed as per set schedules
- Ensures that all accounts are properly reconciled and analyzed
- Ensures that individual grants’ reports are published timely and commented on
- Ensures proper follow up on pending issues with other departments and external parties
- Coordinates and supervises the work of the subordinates to safeguard proper coverage, business continuity and meeting agreed-upon deadlines
- Ensures that subordinates are well aware of their duties & responsibilities vis a vis attendance, productivity and other pertinent issues
- Sets KPIs and monitors the performance of his/her subordinates
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree with relevant specialization in Finance, Accounting, or Auditing
- Minimum 12 years of experience (6 of which in a related capacity and 6 in a supervisory role)
- Working in grants related to the educational sector is a plus
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and US Grants Procedures
- Ability to use ERP systems
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Oracle E-business Suite
- Experienced in setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, June 13, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.