Electrical Technician - BeirutThe Physical Plant office - Operations and Maintenance is currently looking for an Electrical Technician reporting to the Electrical Team Leader. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Electrical Technician is primarily responsible for operating, maintaining and installing electrical systems including all needed preventive maintenance.
He/she is also responsible for overseeing outsourced electrical works and repairing university equipment and assets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs the daily inspection and the preventive maintenance programs for equipment and/or plants within the buildings and facilities of the campus. Systems include Electric Power Generation, UPS, Synchronizing Panels, Automatic Transfer Switches, Motor Control Centers, and Electric Distribution Gear
- Operates and maintains electrical and low current systems pertaining to Operations and Maintenance, including but not limited to: Building Management System, Public Address System, CCTV System, Safety Systems, Electrical Power and Lighting Systems, Emergency Lighting System, Parking Management System, Access Control Systems, Monitoring Systems and other systems as assigned
- Carries out electrical repair/replacement of facilities equipment and plants
- Performs electrical installations
- Replaces burnt out lamps, and related power and control accessories
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned such as but not limited to overnight shifts, holidays, and weekend duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BT3 degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the same field
- Customer service oriented
- Good level of English communication, computer literacy is a plus; AutoCAD knowledge is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically fit to perform above duties
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, November 21, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.