Employee Benefits Officer - Byblos
This position is no longer open.The Human Resources Department is currently looking for an Employee Benefits Officer reporting to the Campus Director of Compensation & Benefits under the Compensation & Benefits Office. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Employee Benefits Officer is responsible for administering LAU fringe benefits to Byblos Campus employees, as per institutional policies and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers employees’ benefits, such as educational benefits, pension, life and LTD, and medical insurance
- Explains the fringe benefits to employees
- Assists employees with benefits enrollment procedures and forms
- Responds to employees’ inquiries related to benefits policies and procedures, and addresses their concerns
- Processes the proper administration of Life and Ltd, educational benefits entitlement, transactions, statements and payment ceiling as stipulated in LAU Policy
- Follows up on medical requirements and increase in coverage and eligibility
- Processes the proper administration of medical insurance claims for employees and their dependents for outpatient reimbursements (task involves data entry transactions of medical bills before sending them to insurance carrier and after receiving payments from insurance provider)
- Processes NSSF claim payments (involves data entry transactions after receiving NSSF checks for medical claims submitted to NSSF)
- Responds to all medical claims/requests/problems pertaining to employees and their dependents (e.g. approvals for medical procedures, chronic medication, hospitalization, minor surgeries) either by phone or by email
- Adjusts insurance subscriptions (additions/deletions/changes)
- Generates weekly insurance claims summary report to be sent to Insurance Carrier
- Generates monthly insurance payment report to Payroll
- Administers Student Medical Insurance and NSSF enrollment through the Banner System and coordinates this enrollment with the insurance carrier
- Prepares quarterly summary report on all schooling transactions during academic year
- Maintains confidential files of all educational benefit forms & tuition bills/receipts and insurance-related forms (subscriptions/personal accident/workman compensation claims)
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Management, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle E-Business Suite
- Good communication skills
- Service excellence and customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a diversified team and foster a spirit of cooperation and integrity
- Ability to uphold organizational values and maintain confidentiality
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, December 12, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.