The Office of the Vice President of Business Development & Global Affairs (VP – BDGA) is currently looking for an Executive Assistant reporting to the Vice President. This position requires presence on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos).
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for organizing and coordinating administrative duties and office procedures to the VP - BDGA office, as well as other related office functions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens visitors’ telephone calls, emails, faxes and other correspondences
- Coordinates office operations, sets priorities, organizes, anticipates needs and exercises sound judgment, particularly with sensitive or confidential matters
- Provides administrative support for events and conferences hosted by the Office, handling all details as required in coordination with the Hospitality Services Office
- Schedules and maintains the VP’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel, and makes necessary logistic arrangements to support these activities
- Prepares minutes of meetings as requested
- Resolves, researches, assesses, and refers problems, often of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Assists in preparing and tracking the office budget, as well as record keeping
- Implements the necessary procedures to comply with LAU’s archiving system and sets up any additional information filing system in a professional manner so as to control and manage confidentiality of the office records, files and databases
- Supervises the work of student assistants assigned to the office and monitors their contracts and timesheets, to ensure they fulfill their duties
- Assists in managing and tracking cost-sharing commitments
- Oversees maintenance of office equipment, such as computers, copiers and printers, securing the smooth operation of all office facilities. Monitors office supplies stock, and places orders for necessary replenishments
- Supports and back-ups other staff members in the office as needed
- Prepares presentations as well as periodic and occasional reports as requested by the VP
- Performs other tasks pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 6 years of office management experience, preferably in higher education
- Advanced communication skills in Arabic and English
- Skilled in using MS Office Suite and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse teams
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, June 1, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.