The Office of the Assistant to the President for Public Policy is currently looking for an Executive Assistant reporting to the Assistant to the President for Public Policy. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for providing high-level administrative support as well as ensuring a smooth functioning of the office by performing a wide range of administrative tasks, and assisting with various office functions, projects and activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates office operations, receives visitors and attends to phone calls
- Composes routine letters and memoranda.
- Routes or answers routine correspondence not requiring supervisor’s attention
- Schedules and maintains the Assistant to the President for Public Policy’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel, and makes necessary logistic arrangements to support these activities
- Organizes and prepares meetings materials, including agendas reports and presentations, attends meetings, takes minutes and follows up on action items
- Assists in planning and coordinating events and conferences hosted by the Office
- Assists in preparing and tracking the office budget, as well as record keeping
- Helps in drafting and editing grant proposals
- Supervises the work of student assistants assigned to the office and monitors their contracts and timesheets, to ensure they fulfill their duties
- Collaborates on special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Prepares presentations as well as periodic and occasional reports as requested
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information and handle confidential materials with discretion
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or related field is preferable.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a similar role preferably in higher education, NGO or think tank; experience in grants operations/coordination is a plus
- Discretion, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skills
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other applications
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, October 02, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.