Fashion Design Lab Supervisor - Beirut
The School of Architecture and Design is currently looking for Fashion Design Lab Supervisor reporting to the Fashion Design Program Director. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Fashion Design Lab Supervisor is mainly responsible for effectively overseeing the operations of the lab and ensuring its proper maintenance and safety.
He/She should be skilled at Pattern Making and Construction in order to assist students in developing their work and to offer technical support to faculty members teaching fashion studios.
Furthermore, the Fashion Design Lab Supervisor is also expected to keep the fashion design lab up-to-date, and to integrate the latest technologies and innovations in the fashion world.
Additionally, he/she should be flexible in altering his/her work schedule as needed during periods that entail project deadlines and events.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and handle the daily operations of the lab and ensure the proper maintenance of its equipment
- Supervise students’ production in their daily work, and coordinate with faculty to define the criteria of the outfits to be executed in the lab
- Plan and coordinate the schedule and use of the lab for courses and student work
- Conduct Orientation and Training workshops to students on utilizing the lab equipment
- Offer support in troubleshooting, regular maintenance and continuous operation for a variety of hardware/software
- Keep an updated inventory and maintain a well-stocked lab by ordering materials and supplies as needed
- Print fabrics on the various lab printers
- Ensure that students are familiar with and abide by the Use and Safety Rules of the lab
- Supervise the work of the Lab Technician and student assistants assigned to the lab
- Provide assistance as needed in the preparation of exhibitions, reviews, and the final year show
- Assist in the budget preparation of the Fashion Design Program
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules at times to accommodate the lab needs during periods of deadlines and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Vocational/High Technical Studies Level (TS), with Relevant Specialization in Fashion Design, Pattern Making, Sewing, Fashion Styling, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Experience with a variety of production techniques, preferably digital and analog
- Familiarity with practices related to current Fashion Design
- Technical knowledge of Pattern Making and Construction
- Proficiency with PAD Systems – Lectra – Modalis – Gerber
- Patient and supportive while dealing with and assisting students
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong time management and organization skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.