Financial Aid Officer - BeirutThe Financial Aid and Scholarships Office is currently looking for a Financial Aid Officer reporting to the Financial Aid Manager. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Financial Aid Officer is mainly responsible for collecting and processing students’ financial aid records and work schedules, in accordance with the financial aid policy.
He/she will also assist in matching, selecting, and processing special grants and scholarships
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives financial aid applications and ensures that all required documents are submitted
- Performs data entry of all financial aid information (from applications submission to committee’s decisions)
- Schedules interviews with parents
- Assists in interviewing applicants & parents
- Responds to electronic and phone inquiries of students, applicants, and parents
- Assists in compiling data needed for statistical reporting
- Prepares reports and files for committee meetings
- Follows-up with students on financial aid related issues
- Assists in assigning and processing students’ work and employment hours
- Communicates with University offices and faculty to ensure timely validation of student hours worked
- Assists in selecting and matching students receiving aid for annual scholarships
- Assists in file review and analysis
- Issues letters and fills forms requested by students pertaining to their financial aid and scholarship decisions
- Processes students’ loan agreements
- Participates in student recruitment activities, orientation and early registration events on campus
- Posts office announcements, and performs clerical and administrative support duties
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year of experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in an academic environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of Banner and People 365 is a plus
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit high ethics
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.