General Accounting Accountant - Beirut
The Finance Operations Department is currently looking for a General Accounting Accountant reporting to the Associate Comptroller, Financial Accounting. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The General Accounting Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of receivable module transactions and journal vouchers within the accounting systems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares all transactions related to the general ledger accounts and journal vouchers
- Prepares general purposes invoices in the Oracle financial system and assigns them to the appropriate accounts and the relevant cost centers
- Prepares monthly accruals and provisions
- Performs monthly reconciliations of receivables accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards
- Prepares daily bank positions and daily exchange rates
- Verifies and communicates any operating budgets issues
- Assists in producing accounts receivable and general ledger reports
- Performs other duties pertinent to this role
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a related capacity
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use ERP systems; knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, October 17, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.