Graduate Student Recruitment Officer
This position is no longer open.The Graduate Studies and Research office (GSR) is currently looking for a Graduate Student Recruitment Officer reporting to the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. This is a central position based in Beirut with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Graduate Student Recruitment Officer is responsible for implementing the university’s graduate recruitment strategy, and acting as a liaison officer between various university offices involved in the recruitment and retention of graduate students.
He/she will be additionally responsible for playing a representation role outside the walls of the university.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in creating a strategic recruitment plan to meet the graduate programs’ enrollment goals and the demands of graduate students
- Coordinates graduate recruitment efforts among different graduate programs at LAU in close collaboration with Enrollment Management, GSR office, and school deans/program directors/chairpersons of departments housing graduate programs
- Manages graduate recruitment activities, events and resources to achieve defined targets and outcomes. This includes but is not limited to organizing internal and external recruitment events and activities such as a yearly graduate open house event
- Works in close collaboration with the Admissions office and Registrar’s office
- Works in close collaboration with StratCom to develop digital media and other effective communication channels for marketing graduate programs
- Communicates the University’s admissions requirements and standards to a wide audience
- Uses digital media tools to communicate with a diverse range of key stakeholders, both verbally and in written format
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an academic institution, a research institute, a think tank, or a related field
- Good knowledge of the functioning of universities, particularly modalities of scholarships, graduate programs, admissions, etc.
- Excellent command of Microsoft office, Google documents and management software; command of statistical software is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team
- Proven experience in data collection, management, and analysis
- Good English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Banner is a plus
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, December 5, 2022.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.