Part-Time Graphic Design Computer Center Assistant - ByblosThe School of Architecture & Design / Department of Art & Design is currently looking for a Graphic Design Computer Center Assistant. The position is based on Byblos campus.
The Graphic Design Computer Center Assistant is mainly responsible for performing a variety of tasks that would ensure proper operation and efficient running of the MAC Lab.
This is a part-time position, with a flexible schedule of 20 hours/week (preferably starting in the afternoon, i.e. weekdays from 2:30 to 6:30 PM ).
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the various daily activities at the MAC computer lab in Byblos campus, ensures that overall work objectives are achieved, deadlines are met, and performance reliability, security and availability goals are fulfilled
- Implements a preventive, as well as fix-and-repair, maintenance program on all lab equipment hardware and software, keeping them up and running at all time
- Installs upgrades and enhancements that optimize the overall performance of the Lab
- Oversees printing procedures using the plotters, scanners, and laser printers
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licenses, and user access and security
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Macintosh computers and servers’ configuration, and active directories
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of faculty
- Team spirit, self-motivated, organizational skills, problem solving skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Saturday, September 30, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.