HES I-Academic & Co-Curricular Activities FacilitatorThe Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a HES Academic & Co-Curricular Activities Facilitator under the USAID Higher Education Scholarship (HES) grant, reporting to the HES Project Director. This position requires physical presence on campus during LAU operating hours.
Schedule: Full Time equivalent to 40 hours/week
The HES I - Academic & Co-Curricular Activities Facilitator performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the HES grant, and will assist the Program Coordinator on follow up of student progress.
He/she will assist with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with HES scholars, and communicate with the HES student mentors.
Additionally, he/she will assist in data collection and information needed for reporting, and will keep accurate records of all issues regarding the HES program and internship database.
Moreover, he/she will assist scholars in submitting the Community Service Project (CSP) template and attend the CSPs during implementation
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields telephone calls; conducts filing and data entry
- Encourages leadership and community service activities/workshops
- Follows up on student mentors and their work with scholars
- Communicates with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops
- Meets with scholars individually to guide them in filling up the Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Collects data and information needed for reporting
- Keeps close record of all issues regarding the HES Grant
- Conducts weekly meeting with scholars to ensure their academic progress and activities requirements are being met
- Reports on low academic performance of scholars, and low involvement in activities
- Assists scholars in submitting the HES templates
- Submits proposals for co-curricular activities and outreach & corporate visits
- Attends outreach activities for documentation purposes
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of field experience
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High Organization skills
- Team player
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, March 30, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.