International Services Program Coordinator
This position is no longer open.The Office of International Services (OIS) is looking for an International Services Program Coordinator reporting to the Director of International Services. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The International Services Program Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of specific international projects run by OIS. He/she needs to follow up on logistics relevant to the different student groups traveling abroad and provides general support to the services provided by OIS.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows up on Erasmus + deliverables through partner portals: LAU info, assessment reports, applications, nominations and documents collection
- Collects data from exchange partner universities
- Advises students on application process at LAU
- Maintains complete database of applications and documents of students
- Connects incoming students with the affiliate offices to facilitate their stay at LAU
- Follows up with the current incoming students monthly and holds group meetings (residency, courses, feedback, housing, security, complete needed documents, surveys…)
- Follows up with Lebanese General Security regarding required documents for residency cards
- Follows up with the embassies regarding visa and document requirements for outgoing students
- Updates OIS website information on a regular basis
- Collects data from partner universities
- Sends basic notifications to incoming and outgoing students for acceptances/ rejections/ applications procedures
- Assists in organization and implementation of student orientation sessions delivered by OIS
- Participates in study abroad fairs to promote LAU and attends training conferences
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as required
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a related capacity, preferably within an academic institution
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and strong computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Good inter-personal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Software applications: Microsoft Office, Banner, People365, and other Software used in International education
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, December 15, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.