Laboratory Animal Technician - Byblos
The School of Arts & Science / Department of Natural Sciences is currently looking for a Laboratory Animal Technician reporting to the department Chair. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Laboratory Animal Technician is mainly responsible for breeding, feeding, cleaning and providing care for animals available in the facility. He/she assists faculty and students in their experiments when animals are required.
Additionally, he/she prepares animals’ diets, measures body weight changes and performs different technical procedures on animals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and administers the daily activities of the animal facility
- Provides care for animals in the clinical or research setting
- Maintains optimum conditions for animals in the animal room by adding proper amount of food and water, and cleaning the cages and other equipment
- Administers injections and medications, prepares special diets, and prepares laboratory samples
- Assists students in handling animals and blood withdrawal during the experiments
- Monitors body weight and behavioral changes in animals under experimentation
- Coordinates and provides assistance to faculty to develop new experiments
- Coordinates research activities and assists in recording, compiling, and organizing data as required
- Monitors lab safety measures and establishes necessary procedures and systems to avoid potential hazards
- Maintains lab equipment in a functional states; arranges for repair and orders replacements
- Stores and disposes of hazardous wastes using proper safety methods and procedures
- Keeps records of the number of animals used in the lab
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Baccalaureate II level diploma, or equivalent technical degree
- Around 1 year of work experience in handling animals, preferably in a lab or veterinary setting
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with animals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with students and faculty
- Good organizational skills
- A responsible attitude and awareness of the ethical issues surrounding the job
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.