Librarian – Reference & Information Literacy, HSL - Byblos
The University Libraries - Access Services, Learning, & Research Division is currently looking for a Librarian – Reference & Information Literacy, HSL (Health Sciences Library) reporting to the Instruction & Outreach Manager. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Librarian – Reference & Information Literacy, HSL is primarily responsible for providing evidence-based information to support health and medical education, allied health professionals, physicians, faculty and researchers; coordinating and planning information literacy program and reference activities; and developing and maintaining the reference collection so as to ensure proper service levels for patrons.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Remains abreast of developments in the medical and allied health fields in order to help physicians, allied health professionals, faculty, and researchers access cutting edge research in their fields
- Utilizes innovative strategies to access and deliver evidence-based information
- Provides, in coordination with the Instruction and Outreach Manager, reference and information literacy services, including, assistance with systematic review and meta-analysis publications
- Facilitates workshops on online information products and research techniques, providing one-on-one research and bibliographic assistance which may be in-person, by telephone and via online video conferencing tools
- Compiles and updates course packs, and develops and maintains research guides
- Collaborates with faculty to develop research assignments, information literacy workshops and information literacy modules aligned with course and curricular learning outcomes
- Hosts, at the direction of the Instruction and Outreach Manager, library orientation events and other outreach activities to engage students, faculty and staff with the library services and resources
- Develops and maintains the health sciences reference collection to ensure that patron needs are met
- Performs other duties and responsibilities pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, or Library & Information Science
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, out of which, 3 years are in medical research or in a medical library
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Strong organizational skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.