Multimedia Administrator - Beirut
The Information Technology Department / Infrastructure Office is currently looking for a Multimedia Administrator reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure. This position is based on Beirut campus.
The Multimedia Administrator is mainly responsible for planning, installing and maintaining multimedia and audio-visual services to LAU’s community in classrooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, and other venues. She/he provides multi-media services for teaching and learning purposes on a central and remote basis for both campuses.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and implements audio-visual, presentation, and classroom technologies for study rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, and events
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs installed AV equipment in classrooms, meeting spaces, and conference settings
- Installs and maintains multimedia equipment and services to all University divisions, including Smart Classrooms, video conferencing, electronic bulletin board system, CATV, digital IP TV, CCTV and distance education classrooms
- Communicates regularly with other Classroom Services and departmental staff to ensure a consistent classroom operation
- Maintains and administers lecture capture systems for the entire University (including scheduling, programming sessions, lighting, audio, etc…)
- Opens vendor support tickets, working with vendor support to resolve issues
- Recommends to the Director of IT Infrastructure the acquisition of new multimedia equipment needed to enhance multimedia services
- Investigates emerging technologies and make recommendations in support of teaching and learning initiatives. Assists in the design of new Smart Classrooms
- Stays up-to-date on classroom and other presentation technologies and actively pursues emerging technologies to make recommendations for upgrades or replacements
- Maintains comprehensive documentation of LAU multimedia, including audio-visual inventory, tracking equipment usage, maintenance schedules, and repair requests
- Provides reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure to assess department performance in meeting quality standards and departmental work practices
- Provides technical support to faculty, staff, and students
- Assists in programming, maintaining, monitoring, and updating control systems (currently Crestron)
- Provides secondary support for campus events, including AV setup (occasionally on nights and weekends)
- Sets up and operates online collaboration tools (currently WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
- Sets up and operates lectures capture tools (currently Panopto)
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Multimedia and Audio Visual presentation and classroom technologies (WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
- Experience in Control system programming, especially Crestron programming is required (Crestron Certification is a plus)
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating Audio-Visual systems
- Understanding of the Acoustic requirement
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Mac and PC operating systems
- Functional use of Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint software
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of multimedia equipment
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, February 26, 2024.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.