Network Administrator - ByblosThe IT Infrastructure Office is currently looking for a Network Administrator, reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Network Administrator is primarily responsible for administering the wired and wireless data, voice and video networks of LAU, optimizing network performance, troubleshooting network problems, maintaining high availability of network dependent services, and conducting research on the latest network technology and equipment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, time required, and compatibility with current system
- Recommends network solutions for short, medium, and long range network projects
- Administers and documents the data network infrastructure, including LAN (Switches), WAN (routers, Multiplexer), WLAN (access points), Internet (routers) and remote access
- Administers campus network events, identifies network problems and applies problem-solving skills to resolve them, often under tight time constraints
- Works alongside other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Maintains configurations of Cisco network switches (Nexus series, 6500 series, 4500, 3500,..) and routers; monitors health, creates VLANS, and toggles ports when necessary
- Configures and supports LAN/WAN networking and wireless environments
- Configures and supports SAN Networks including MDS switches
- Supports Voice over IP networks and administers Cisco Call Manager
- Supports both day to day troubleshooting and project related activities
- Utilizes change control process in order to ensure compliance with the University’s data center and security standards
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BE in Computer or Electronics
- Minimum 1 year of experience with large scale system networks
- CISCO CCDP, CCNA, or CCNP certifications
- Experience with CISCO solutions such as PRIME, VOIP, UCM, Content sharing
- Solid understanding of Windows Server environment & server virtualization
- Thorough understanding of TCP\IP addressing and protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, PPP)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application and network issues with a Network Analyzer
- Familiarity with use of a Ticketing System
- Flexibility and willingness to work varying hours and shifts including holidays, weekends and on-call 24 hours/day shifts on both campuses, as needed
- Job may require travel to LAU affiliated institutions inside and outside Lebanon
- Strong analytical abilities and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal English communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.