Part -Time Communication & Outreach Expert
This position is no longer open.
LAU’s Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World (IWSAW) is looking for a Communication & Outreach Expert to oversee the project “Coordination and Support for the Human Rights Issue Network.” This position is for a limited duration.
This project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development for the purpose of supporting and promoting “issue networks” of CSOs, around several advocacy issues such as enhancing leadership skills of women and adolescent girls through economic empowerment and capacity building.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Communication & Outreach Expert will be responsible for the communication and outreach strategy and for spearheading the promotion and launching of the project and its activities through social media and other media platforms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists and advises the project manager throughout the duration of the grant
- Develops and implements a communication and outreach strategy
- Takes part in national, regional, and global online campaigns relevant to human rights by creating both online content and print materials on the subject
- Develops monthly updates on project activities for communication related to the project
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or any other related field with relevant work experience
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a requirement
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, January 18, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.