Part-Time Administrative Assistant - BeirutThe Office of the General Counsel is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant reporting to the General Counsel and Head of Compliance. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing clerical duties such as organizing files and retrieving documents, both physically and electronically, in addition to maintaining records in an orderly manner, according to the institution’s filing systems.
He/she will use computers, scanners, copiers, software and other office equipment, as needed to maintain, update, and create new files, and provide administrative support and confidential secretarial services as needed. The Administrative Assistant will also help in routine and all day-to-day office operations and administrative support activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Enters data and maintains databases, lists and records of contracts and legal documents
- Keeps records of the received and sent documents processed by and through Office of the GC
- Uploads and completes needed data and fields on software management systems (such as Laserfiche)
- Answers questions about records or files
- Keeps records and generates computerized reports as needed
- Creates new records as necessary
- Finds, retrieves and makes copies of information from files in response to requests and delivers information to authorized users
- Tracks materials removed from files to ensure that borrowed files are returned
- Modifies or implements new filing systems when required
- Sends and receives materials of the GC Office when required
- Prepares documents to be submitted for signature
- Ensures that all documents are initialed/ signed as appropriate
- Scans incoming, and outgoing materials
- Provides administrative support services to the General Counsel, when required
- Coordinates and provides support to the GC Office team
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience related to the responsibilities specified
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic, French is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit high ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office, and typing skills in English and Arabic
- Database and records management skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Previous work experience in a law firm or a legal department in a big organization is a plus
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to GC.firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, November 22, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.