Part-Time Administrative Assistant - BeirutThe Strategic Communications Department is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant. This position is based on Beirut campus.
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for organizing the administrative needs of the department and coordinating among its units and the different University departments and Schools.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and screens incoming telephone calls, emails, faxes and other correspondence
- Types letters, statements, memos, reports, and prepares presentations
- Maintains files, lists and office records
- Schedules meetings and travel arrangements
- Takes minutes of meetings
- Maintains an information filing system for the office
- Monitors office supplies inventory and orders items
- Contacts maintenance personnel for any office equipment malfunctions
- Monitors the work of student assistants and manages their schedules and timesheets
- Performs other tasks pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Administrative experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communication capabilities both in Arabic and English
- Highly skilled computer software, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse teams
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, August 15, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.