Part-time Animal Laboratory Assistant - Byblos
This position is no longer open.The Office of Graduate Studies & Research (GSR) / Institutional Review Board (IRB) has a vacancy for an Animal Laboratory Assistant reporting to the Director of IRB &Research Ethical Compliance. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Animal Laboratory Assistant position includes administrative and technical duties in supporting the Animal Laboratory Technician, mainly responsible for breeding, feeding, cleaning and providing care for animals available in the facility.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and administers the daily activities of the animal facility
- Provides care for animals in the clinical or research setting
- Maintains optimum conditions for animals in the animal room by adding proper amount of food and water, and cleaning the cages and other equipment
- Administers injections and medications, prepares special diets, and prepares laboratory samples
- Assists students in handling animals and blood withdrawal during the experiments
- Monitors body weight and behavioral changes in animals under experimentation
- Coordinates and provides assistance to faculty to develop new experiments
- Coordinates research activities and assists in recording, compiling, and organizing data as required
- Monitors lab safety measures and assists in establishing necessary procedures and systems to avoid potential hazards
- Maintains lab equipment in a functional state; arranges for repair and orders replacements when needed
- Stores and disposes of hazardous wastes using proper safety methods and procedures
- Keeps records of the number of animals used in the lab
- Keeps detailed inventory of Animal lab equipment, animals and reagents
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Baccalaureate II level diploma, or equivalent technical degree
- Preferred 1 year of work experience in handling animals, preferably in a lab or veterinary setting
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with animals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with students and faculty
- Good organizational skills
- A responsible attitude and awareness of the ethical issues surrounding the job
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, February 14, 2023. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.