Part-Time Assistant Webmaster - Beirut
The Strategic Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Part-Time Assistant Webmaster, reporting to the Lead Webmaster, to join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals with a common desire to contribute to the successful implementation of the university’s integrated marketing and communication’s initiatives. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Assistant Webmaster will enable LAU to improve its current web presence by producing, updating, migrating and/or redesigning content for web pages.
He/she will also enable LAU to produce more websites and microsites depending on strategic communications briefs and general university needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Updates content of the main LAU website and other university websites.
- Produces and revamps websites and microsites in line with Stratcom’s branding guidelines, corporate templates, design themes and using current CMS solutions.
- Receives and implements support/maintenance requests from website editors or coordinators and advises them accordingly.
- Periodically reviews content and layout of existing web pages; advises website editors and coordinators on best content practices and notifies them about any errors or inconsistencies.
- Reviews the web developers’ work: their code for quality, efficiency, performance, accessibility, and other standards.
- Occasionally writes code for web pages in line with Stratcom’s digital standards and templates.
- Coordinates with the Lead Webmaster and IMCs to identify requirements, timelines, milestones and scope of work for web projects and updates the project team in a timely manner on new developments affecting those metrics.
- Provides feedback to the Lead Webmaster on best practices in usability and search optimization.
- Archives projects.
- Operates Google Analytics, Google Custom Search, Webmaster Tools, Issuu and other productivity applications used by the digital communications team.
- Assists the Lead Webmaster in monitoring hosting settings, checking error logs and analyzing website performance and provides recommendations as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Project Management, or related field
- 3 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Strong oral and communication skills in English and Arabic
- Familiarity with user experience design concepts
- Experience with management and use of Content Management Systems
- Experience in digital media manipulation and optimization
- Knowledge of content strategy and best practices
- Knowledge of security standards, SFTP, SSL and similar technologies
- Strong commitment to work quality, especially with regards to security
- Strong ability to multitask and commit to strict deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, April 12, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.