Part-Time Compliance Officer
The Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) is currently looking for a Junior Compliance Officer on a part time basis, reporting to the Director of Grants and Contracts. This position is for a limited duration and could be located either on Beirut or on Byblos campus.
The Compliance Officer will assist in day-to-day compliance matters in line with the new policies and procedures being set at the university.
Additionally, he/she will assist in the compliance oversight of sponsored awards and potentially in compliance oversight of proposal submissions. This will strengthen the internal reviews and help LAU improve its adherence to applicable regulatory and awards’ requirements including timely reviews of internal compliances processes, in close coordination with the Director of Grants and Contracts.
Moreover, he/she will work on daily compliance tasks to ensure proactive reviews including, but not limited to, the specific responsibilities listed below.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews deliverables prior to submission to donor agencies for consistency with requirements and reporting deviations. Deliverables may include student selection lists, reports, manuals, etc.
- Works closely with Finance on reported expenditure allowability to ensure cost allowability as donor cost principles and award requirements. Questionable costs will be raised to the Director of Grants and Contracts for determination and/or coordination with the donor as needed
- Works closely with Finance on a regular basis to address matters of burn rate, projections, remaining balances, financial requests and proactively identifying cost-savings that will be reported to the Director of Grants and Contracts
- Works with finance and technical teams to ensure time and attendance validation and timely submission on a regular basis of timesheets and effort certificates, especially based on the new policies and procedures
- Helps staff complete inventories of property as per new policies and procedures
- Reviews and ensures marking requirements in line with the donor visibility rules
- Works closely with the technical teams and travel office to address issues such as travel requirements, approvals, and limitations
- Assists the Director of Grants and Contracts in implementing a regular training of staff on compliance requirements
- Assists technical and financial teams in preparing deviation requests that will be submitted to the Director of Grants and Contracts for validation, detailed expansion, and coordination with the donor as warranted
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferably in public administration, political science/international affairs, social sciences, business, law or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of working experience either in grant related functions such as compliance, donor-funded project coordination, grant management, NGO business development, or grant coordination
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including, at least, good command of Office applications particularly Excel and Access.
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.