Part-Time HES Academic & Community Service Project Facilitator - Byblos
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a HES Academic & Community Service Project Facilitator under the USAID Higher Education Scholarship (HES) grant, reporting to the HES Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. This position is based on Byblos Campus with occasional commuting to Beirut Campus and is for a limited duration.
The HES Academic & Community Service Project Facilitator performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the HES grant.
He/she will assist with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with HES scholars, and communicate with the HES student mentors.
Additionally, he/she will assist in data collection and information needed for reporting, and will keep accurate records of all issues regarding the HES program.
Moreover, he/she will assist scholars in submitting the Community Service Project (CSP) template and attend the CSPs during implementation in the field.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields telephone calls; conducts filing and data entry
- Encourages leadership and community service activities/workshops
- Follows up on student mentors and their work with scholars
- Communicates with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops
- Collects data and information needed for reporting
- Keeps close record of all issues regarding the HES Grant
- Conducts weekly meeting with scholars to ensure academic progress and activities requirements are being met
- Reports on low academic performance of scholars, and low involvement in activities
- Assists scholars in submitting the CSP templates
- Attends CSPs in the field for documentation
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional field experience
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High Organization skills
- Team player
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, February 18, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.