Part-Time HES Academic & Internship Facilitator - Beirut
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a HES Academic & Internship Facilitator under the USAID Higher Education Scholarship (HES) grant, reporting to the HES Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus and is for a limited duration.
The HES Academic & Internship Facilitator performs administrative and office support activities for the Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) with regards to the HES grant, and will assist the Program Coordinator on follow up of student progress.
He/she will assists with civic engagement and club activities, personal issues with HES scholars, and communicate with the HES student mentors.
Additionally, he/she will assist in data collection and information needed for reporting, and will keep accurate records of all issues regarding the HES program and internship database.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields telephone calls; conducts filing and data entry
- Encourages leadership and community service activities/workshops
- Follows up on student mentors and their work with scholars
- Communicates with the student mentors and scholars on deadlines, meeting dates, activities and workshops
- Meets with scholars individually to guide them in filling up the Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Collects data and information needed for reporting
- Keeps close record of all issues regarding the HES Grant
- Conducts weekly meeting with scholars to ensure their academic progress and activities requirements are being met
- Reports on low academic performance of scholars, and low involvement in activities
- Assists scholars in submitting the HES templates
- Communicates with NGOs for potential internship opportunities
- Keeps track of all scholars’ internship status and ensure that all needed documentation is up to date
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in civic work
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fluent in Arabic and English both written and spoken; French is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High Organization skills
- Team player
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, October 11, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.