Part-Time IDS Assistant Project Coordinator
The Arab Institute for Women (AiW) is currently looking for an IDS Assistant Project Coordinator reporting to the Project Manager. The position is located on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus and is for a limited duration. It requires physical presence on campus during LAU operating hours and is paid on a monthly basis in Lebanese Pounds.
The IDS Assistant Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing daily administrative and research support on the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) grant. This includes record keeping, organizing and coordinating the logistics of the events that take place under the project, as well as assisting in research activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the execution, follow up and monitoring of activities, as per the guidelines defined, ensuring all administrative and logistics requirements are met
- Maintains, updates, and track progress against the timeline and reports major deviations to the Project Manager in order to ensure that all components are progressing as planned
- Monitors activities and development of reports including updates on the progress and status of the project, ensuring that issues are escalated and managed as required
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team
- Supports in creating procedures and forms
- Coordinates work activities, meet deadlines, and provides support where needed
- Supports in the pre, during and post-event’s process
- Liaises with the university’s Hospitality Department to coordinate the logistics of the events (booking the flights, hotel accommodation, arranging transportation and meals…)
- Coordinates with the Finance Office and the Office of Grants and Contracts, as required, to ensure smooth functioning of activities and compliance
- Supports the Researcher, the Project Manager, and the Project Director on all research related to the project; assists in compiling research material when needed
- Ensures all deliverables are submitted on time
- Assist the project manager and project researcher in compiling research material when needed
- Performs other duties as required for the effective operation of the project
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or other field relevant to the position
- Around 1 year of experience in project administrative coordination, research, and development
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic, particularly with regard to presentations and preparation of publications, and report writing
- Excellent computer skills, including competence in word processing (English and Arabic), social media, internet/email
- Ability to manage multiple tasks easily under pressure
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.