Part-Time IDS Researcher
The Arab Institute for Women (AiW) is currently looking for a IDS Researcher reporting to the Director of AiW to provide research activities on the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) grant. The position is located on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus and is for a limited duration. It requires physical presence on campus during LAU operating hours.
The IDS Researcher will support the AiW’s ongoing gender-focused initiatives including supporting at least two funded projects by coordinating with The AiW team to produce research outputs and other tasks related to ongoing grants, and AiW activities and other funding opportunities as they arise. The IDS Researcher shall be in charge of producing several research documents related to gender issues.
Furthermore, the IDS Researcher shall support the team in other tasks related to the grants and activities, illustratively such as their social media campaign and dissemination of the research outputs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and moderates focus groups and/or consultative roundtable discussions that may inform and feed policy papers related to gender matters or other pertinent subjects that fall within the mission of The AiW
- Writes specific research documents including policy briefs based on focus groups, country analyses, working papers, comparative reviews, literature and desk reviews, gender analyses for projects, academic manuscripts, articles for peer-reviewed journals, etc.
- Supports the project team and external consultants with the review of project-related deliverables, and implementation plans ensuring timely submission of deliverables
- Supports The AiW in the dissemination of research outputs such as coordinating social media campaign, organizing events, roundtables, and webinars and participating in conferences locally and potentially internationally
- Assists in the execution, follow up, and monitoring of activities related to projects, including grant-funded projects, as per the donors and The AiW guidelines, ensuring that all administrative and logistics requirements are met
- Performs other duties as required for the effective operation of The AiW projects
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree in a field of study relevant to the position (law, legal studies, gender studies, labor, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar capacity in gender-related matters
- Proven track record of work related to sponsored projects, publications or reports, and/or relevant consultancies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting gender sensitive research
- Demonstrated experience in research and data collection methods
- Proven proficiency in spoken and written English