Part-Time IT Infrastructure Technician - Byblos
The IT Infrastructure Office is currently looking for an IT Infrastructure Technician, reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The IT Infrastructure Technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the physical voice, data and video network infrastructures on campus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, terminates and maintains the structured cabling (UTP, Fiber Optics, Coaxial…) used for voice, video and data networks
- Installs, connects and maintains telephone sets and faxes, as well as PCs, TVs and Video Conferencing equipment
- Troubleshoots physical cable plant problems and works with the Operations & Maintenance Department and outside contractors to rectify these problems
- Installs equipment inside server and telecom cabinets
- Assists in troubleshooting and isolation of basic problems related to switches; assists in basic network operation
- Installs wireless access points and assists in basic wireless operations
- Assists in basic CISCO Call Manager operations
- Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs on all Telecom rooms and Data Centers
- Monitors MPT telephone lines and UPS availability; conducts minor repairs of Telecom equipment
- Assists in documenting changes of the cable plant and inventory of the switches and phones
- Sets up and supports smart classroom equipment
- Conducts Minor repairs of IT infrastructure equipment
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Vocational/High Technical Studies Level (TS) in electronics, computer, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of latest technology trends in Telecommunications and Network equipment and software
- Knowledge of applicable Network cabling industry standards
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Skilled in analyzing systems and specifications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexibility and willingness to attend to LAU affiliated medical centers and Beirut campus upon need
Interested candidates should email their CVs and portfolio of their work with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.